Personal data processing
Personal data constitutes information that identifies a natural person. These include, for example, name and surname, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. Pb8 processes personal data of website users as well as customers and contractors. These data are collected for sales and marketing purposes, and their processing essentially means any activity that is performed on them – collecting, storing, recording, ordering, modifying, browsing, using, sharing, restricting, deleting or destroying.
Personal data controller
The personal data controller is Pb8 Sp. z oo, with its registered office in Mielec (39-300) at ul. Sienkiewicza 1, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court in Rzeszów, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000536289, NIP [Tax ID No.]: 817-21-76-858, share capital: PLN 105,000.00 (paid in full). The Company has appointed the Personal Data Protection Inspector, which can be contacted electronically: email@example.com
As the data controller, we make every effort to collect only the necessary data to guarantee us the proper provision of sales and marketing services. Below, we present situations in which the users of our website provides us with information about themselves and we determine how to deal with this information. Our goal is transparency of our actions in this area. Personal data processing of visitors to the website www.pb8.pl
Natural persons visiting the website www.pb8.pl have control over personal data, which we are provided with. The website restricts the collection and use of information about their users to the minimum necessary required to provide them with services at the desired level, pursuant to Article 18 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services.
To a limited extent, we may collect personal data automatically via cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files saved on a user’s computer or other mobile device while using the websites. These files are used, among other things, to use various functions provided by the website or to confirm that the user has seen certain content from the website. Among the cookies, you can distinguish those that are necessary for the operation of the website. The cookies included in this category are used to ensure:
- maintenance of the user’s session;
- recording the status of the user’s session
- monitoring the availability of services.
Another category of cookies are files that are not necessary to use the website, but make using it easier. They are used to enable:
- proper operation of search engines and remembering the last selected category in the product;
- checking if cookie files are working properly;
- restoring the last search result in the product;
- displaying the last selected sorting parameter.
- monitoring traffic on the website;
- collecting anonymous, aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our website
- determining the number of anonymous users of our websites
- controlling how frequently selected content is shown to users;
- controlling how often users choose a given service;
- checking subscriptions to newsletters;
These entities, at the date of preparation of this document, include:
- Google Analytics (more information and browser plugin blocking Google Analytics: google.com);
The users can manage cookies used by Pb8 or by any other external providers, changing the settings of their web browser. At the same time, we would like to inform that identifying with cookies also applies to natural persons, those interested in the company or Pb8’s offer.
We collect information about the use of Services by its users and their IP addresses based on the analysis of access logs. We use this information in diagnosing server-related problems, analyzing possible security breaches, and managing a website. The IP address is also used by us for statistical purposes, i.e. for collecting and analyzing demographic data of visitors to the website (e.g. information about the region from which the connection took place).
On the basis of the information obtained in the above manner, in special cases, aggregate, general statistical summaries are made which are disclosed to third parties cooperating with us. They usually include information on website viewing. However, these statements do not contain, as we emphasise, any personally identifiable information about any Website user.
Please note that we may be required to disclose information regarding the IP number of a given Website user at the request of state authorities, authorized to take such action under applicable law, in connection with their proceedings.
In the Contact Form, we collect more detailed information about users, such as email addresses, or the name of the company from which the inquiry is directed. The information obtained in this way are transferred to the sales department and is secured as the data of all customers, using the Soft LAB system administered by Asseco. Pb8 applies appropriate security means and agreements regulating the processing of data by this external provider.
The Pb8’s website also gives the user the opportunity to send applications for recruitment purposes. At the same time, Pb8 as the controller of the data obtained in this way takes care of their security in a manner regulated by law, including the regulation of the GDPR.
Automatic personal data processing
Information that we collect in connection with the use of our website may be processed in an automated manner, however it will not cause any legal effects to natural persons or significantly affect their situation in any similar way.
Legal basis for processing
When processing personal data in connection with use of the website www.pb8.pl, we may deal with different types of legal grounds for processing, depending on the categories of personal data that we process and the purpose of the processing. For example:
- personal data of persons visiting our websites are processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the data controller (Article 6 (1f) of the GDPR);
- personal data of people who complete the online form is processed, because it is necessary for the purpose of providing an offer or contract (Article 6 (1b) of the GDPR);
- personal data of people submitting the application for recruitment purposes to contact us regarding the recruitment process (Article 6 (1b) of the GDPR);
*We ask the users not to provide information from specific categories of personal data (such as information about race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health information, genetic data, biometric data, information about sexual life or sexual orientation, or criminal history) through our websites. If the user provide such information for any reason, it will be treated as the user’s express consent to collect and use such information in the manner set forth herein or in the place where the information was disclosed.
- We are required by law to process certain personal data for tax and accounting purposes (Article 6 (1c) of the GDPR).
We collect the above data based on the user’s consent (Article 6 (1a) of the GDPR), making every effort to ensure the security of storage and processing of entrusted information.
Processing personal data of existing and potential customers.
Pb8 processes personal data of its existing and potential customers. This data may also include personal data of persons related to Pb8 customers who are not natural persons (e.g. contact persons). Personal data of this kind are processed in IT systems used by Pb8. Personal data processed for these purposes include, but is not limited to: name and surname, company name, position of contact person, telephone number, e-mail address or other business contact details. Moreover, in the case of customers who entered into paid contracts with Pb8, we also process payment data, including credit card numbers and bank account numbers. Personal data of business contacts may be disclosed to permanent associates of Pb8 as its business force and used by them to conduct business activities of Pb8.
Legal grounds for processing
The processing of personal data of natural persons who are our customers is based on:
- justified interest of Pb8 as the data controller (e.g. in creating a database, analytical and profiling activities, including activities related to product use analysis, direct marketing of own products, securing documentation for the purpose of defending against potential claims or for the purpose of pursuing claims)
- consent (including in particular consent to e-mail marketing or telemarketing)
- the execution of the concluded agreement
- legal obligations (e.g. tax law or accounting regulations).
The processing of personal data of natural persons who are potential customers is based on:
- justified interest of Pb8 as the data controller (e.g. database creation, direct marketing of own products)
- consent (including in particular consent to e-mail marketing or telemarketing)
Automatic personal data processing
The information we collect in connection with use of our online service may be processed in an automated manner (including by means of profiling, but also by monitoring use of the online product or service), however, this will not give rise to any legal effect on the user or similarly significantly affect the user’s situation.
Time of data processing
The period of time for which we may process personal data depends on the legal basis, which is a legitimate prerequisite for the processing of personal data. In the policies in force in Pb8, including data retention policies, we specify that we must never process personal data for more than a period longer than it results from the above mentioned legal bases. Accordingly, we inform that:
1) in the event that Pb8 processes personal data based on consent, the processing period continues until the user withdraws the consent;
2) in the event that Pb8 processes personal data based on the justified interest of the controller, the processing period lasts until the cessation of the above-mentioned interest (for example, the period of limitation of civil claims) or until the consent to the processing of data by the user is withdrawn.
3) when Pb8 processes personal data because it is necessary due to applicable law, the periods of data processing for this purpose are defined by these provisions
4) in the absence of specific legal or contractual requirements, basic period of storing data in the case of records and other documentary evidence drawn up during the performance of the contract lasts for a maximum of 10 years.
Data transfer to third parties
We only transfer personal information to others if we are permitted by law. Then, in the applicable agreement with a third party, we provide security provisions and mechanisms to protect data and maintain our standards
regarding data protection, confidentiality and security. Such agreements are referred to as personal data processing outsourcing agreements and Pb8 has control over how and to what extent the entity to which Pb8 has entrusted the processing of certain categories of personal data processes such data. Therefore, we would like to point out that the recipients of personal data that Pb8 processes as a personal data controller may be:
- the above mentioned entities processing personal data under the personal data processing outsourcing agreements
- hosting entities providing hosting services to Pb8
- entities implementing marketing or sales campaigns for Pb8
- other Pb8 subcontractors that supply software, software maintenance or medical services, temporary employment agency services, cleaning and supply of workwear, insurance, research and development services used by Pb8 and suppliers of goods used by Pb8
- entities providing survey services, including customer satisfaction surveys
- debt collection agencies (in which case we will only provide personal data to the extent that this is actually necessary for the purpose in question)
- auditors and statutory auditors, legal advisors, tax advisors
- law enforcement authorities, regulators and other public administrations (in the latter two cases, we transfer data only if and to the extent that this is actually necessary and required by and in accordance with the mandatory provisions of the law).
Transfer of data outside the European Union
Personal data will not be transferred to third countries, i.e. countries outside the European Union.
What rights do data subjects have and how do they exercise them?
Natural persons have specific rights regarding their personal data, and Pb8 as the data controller is responsible for the execution of these rights in accordance with applicable law. If you want to verify your personal data, edit, restrict information or want to withdraw your consent, please contact the Personal Data Protection Inspector – firstname.lastname@example.org. Pb8 reserves the right to verify the identity of the person applying for any action on the data held by the company.
Rights of natural persons to manage their data:
- right to access data
- right to rectify personal data
- right of withdrawal consent to the data processing
- right to limit the processing or object to the processing of personal data
- right to data transfer
- right to delete data
The withdrawal of consent for processing does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
right to file a complaint to a supervisory authority
If you think that data is being processed unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection.
Requirement to provide personal information
Providing personal data is voluntary. However, failure to provide personal data marked as necessary to perform the contract to which you are a party will prevent the provision of services to you.
We are at your disposal
Pb8 employees are at your disposal for any questions you may have. We will do our best to respond to your questions, ambiguities and complaints as quickly as possible. Any complaints and requests received will be considered.
We also invite you to contact us directly at the headquarters of the Company or by phone.
Pb8 Sp. z o.o. ul. Sienkiewicza 1, 39-300 Mielec
Phone: 17 250 66 77
The last update of this document took place on 23/05/2018.
Pb8 Sp. z o. o. 2020
Pb8 is part of the AUTOPART group which specializes in the production of Premium class batteries. Pb8 is responsible for sales and development of trade relations in the Middle East and Africa as well as in selected European countries.
Pb8 Sp. z o. o. 2020